North Carolina Makers Marketplace
The NC Makers Marketplace at the North Carolina Folk Festival features the juried, handmade creations of the finest artists and craftspeople from the North Carolina region. It will include both deeply traditional crafts and more contemporary artistic expressions rooted in the region’s experience.
55 Artists & Craftspeople were selected to participate in the Marketplace at the 2017 Festival! Last year was a huge success for our vendors and community. We anticipate that with good weather the 2018 North Carolina Folk Festival will attract over 160,000 individuals to Downtown Greensboro to enjoy first class music, traditional art, crafts, and food.
How do I apply?
View/Download the 2018 Makers Marketplace Vendor Guidelines
If you are an experienced high-volume outdoor event vendor, you may apply to participate in the North Carolina Folk Festival (September 7-9, 2018). All applications are reviewed and evaluated by a jury.
Additional Application Information
- Application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Vendors must apply each year. Acceptance this year or in previous years does not guarantee acceptance in future years.
- Failure to meet application deadline may result in rejection of application.
The number of NC Makers Marketplace vendors selected for the 2018 North Carolina Folk Festival will depend on the final site design layout. The Festival anticipates that with good weather, over 160K individuals will attend over the course of the weekend and that between 50 and 60 vendor spots will be available in the NC Makers Marketplace.
In order to ensure quality and integrity, a committee selects vendors based on a set of criteria that includes: quality (including booth presentation), uniqueness, authenticity, connection to regional culture, and artist’s relationship with his or her community. The committee reviews all applications and selects vendors who best meet these criteria.
- Eligible items include, but are not limited to: pottery, jewelry, paintings*, quilts, custom furniture, textile art, stained and blown glass, photography, woodwork, sculpture, herbal/personal care, mixed media*, and packaged made-in-NC food products. *For vendors interested in selling paintings or mixed media, the artist may sell prints of an original work as long as the original work is displayed at the Festival.
- Ineligible items include, but are not limited to: crafts made from store-bought kits or molds, commercial reproductions, manufactured items that have been assembled.
- Vendors offering activities or services such as face painting or photo booths will not be considered.
- All packaged food items sold must be made in North Carolina.
- The Festival strives to present a well-rounded Marketplace, therefore we may limit multiple vendors showcasing similar items.
- Applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance status in early Spring 2018 (Exact Date TBD)
- The North Carolina Folk Festival reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.