We are monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in our community and are in regular contact with local officials. Our top priority is always the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, staff, and spectators. On the recommendation of local health officials, there have been no scheduling changes to our Folk in the Park event. We expect staff who are feeling ill to stay home and request that participants who are ill not attend the event. We will provide ongoing updates as necessary.
General Tips for Folk In The Park Attendees
- If you are feeling ill, please do NOT attend the event.
- If you start to feel ill at the event, please proceed home or to your doctor.
- If you are in a “high-risk” category for getting very sick from the illness, consider NOT attending the event. “High Risk” people include:
- Older Adults
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like: Heart Disease; Diabetes; Lung Disease.
- Wash your hands. We will set up extra hand washing and hand sanitizing stations at Folk in the Park.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. FYI – The average uncovered cough/sneeze can project several feet.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing. To the best of your ability, leave open a few feet of distance between you and other attendees.
As a courtesy to our community of fans and artists, below are links to credible information from local and external sources about COVID-19.
- Guilford County Health Department – The Guilford County Health Department website contains detailed information about the status of the disease in Guilford County, along with explanations of disease symptoms, methods of transmission, prevention and treatment info, and other guidance.
- Piedmont Triad International Airport – PTI Airport (GSO) has posted information and guidance for travelers.
- City of Greensboro – The City of Greensboro coordinates with Guilford County Emergency Management Services with their responses to disease outbreaks. This link provides general information and links to information about those types of scenarios.