No tickets needed! The NC Folk Festival is FREE to attend. We invite you to enjoy three days of fun in the heart of downtown Greensboro at no cost to you!
Food, beverages, marketplace handcrafts, and other merchandise will be available for purchase.
Help us keep the Festival free! It’s expensive to mount a world-class event like the North Carolina Folk Festival. Your donations make a difference!! Please be on the lookout for our Bucket Brigade volunteers in blue shirts carrying blue buckets. They’ll circulate throughout the Festival to ask for your support.
All of your donations will go directly towards covering the cost of the Festival. You can also support the Festival online at ncfolkfestival.com/donate.
- Friday, September 8, from 5:00pm to 10:30pm
- Saturday, September 9, from 12:00pm to 10:30pm
- Sunday, September 10, from 12:00pm to 6:30pm
The North Carolina Folk Festival is an outdoor event located throughout downtown Greensboro, NC. The Greensboro Cultural Center at 200 N. Davie Street is a landmark at the center of the Festival site. Due to street closures during the Festival, vehicles will NOT be able to navigate directly to this central location.
See our Directions & Parking page for information about getting the Festival by car or public transportation.
The Festival program and site are designed to operate in most all weather conditions. The show will go on even in a little rain!
Be sure to check our website and social media platforms for updates.
Please turn in any lost items to a Festival Information/First Aid booth. These tents are located near each stage area.
If you are trying to track down an item that you lost, you can submit a Lost Item Claim at ncfolkfestival.com/contact.
Your presence if your permission!
Credentialed photographers and videographers will be working throughout the Festival. Some images may be used in upcoming promotional materials. Your presence at the event is your permission for such promotional use by the Festival.
Did you take a really great photo at the NC Folk Festival? Share it on social media with the hashtag #ncfolkfestival
You should bring:
- Chairs! Limited seating is available – bring your own chair to guarantee a seat.
- Your cellphone with the North Carolina Folk Festival mobile app.
- Cameras. If you take a really great photo, share it on social with the hashtag #ncfolkfestival
- A reusable water bottle – make sure you stay hydrated throughout Festival weekend, and refill your water bottle at one of our hydration stations!
You should not bring:
- Pets. We love our four-legged friends, but ask that you leave pets at home. This excludes trained service animals.
You can find the complete lineup and schedule on our website – posted close to the event dates when that information is finalized.