- From Eastbound and Westbound 40: Use exit 218-B Freeman Mill Road; continue northbound and follow directional signage to Festival Parking.
- From Southbound 29: Exit on Gate City Boulevard (Lee Street); proceed westbound to Elm Street; turn right on Elm Street and follow directional signage to Festival Parking.
- From Bryan Boulevard/US 220 Battleground Avenue: Continue southbound to Smith Street, turn RIGHT on Greene Street and follow directional signage to Festival Parking.
Fly EASY! Fly to PTI Airport
Located just 12 miles from downtown Greensboro and the heart of the North Carolina Folk Festival, Piedmont Triad International Airport (flyfrompti.com / airport code GSO) is served by major airlines including American/American Eagle, Delta, United, Spirit, and Allegiant. The third-largest airport in North Carolina, PTI offers easy check-in, easy baggage claim, easy screening, and easy parking.
By Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) Bus
All 16 of GTA’s daily routes and seven Sunday routes begin and end in the heart of the North Carolina Folk Festival at the Galyon Depot in downtown Greensboro! Visit GTA at www.ridegta.com.
GTA, Higher Education Area Transit (HEAT), and Specialized Community Area Transportation (SCAT) provide a public transportation option to attend the North Carolina Folk Festival.
All GTA and HEAT buses are equipped for persons with disabilities including those using wheelchairs, scooters or other mobility devices. Visit ridegta.com for route maps, schedules and to view the live bus tracker.
All SCAT bus services specifically for persons with disabilities are available for current qualified users only by calling the normal reservation line.
- We’ve got your ticket to ride! GTA, HEAT, and Access buses will provide fare free travel festival weekend starting Friday at 5:00 pm!
Note: Cyclists may walk (not ride) their bike along all streets closed for the festival.
Ride along one of the City’s signed bicycle routes — #3, 6, 9 — that go through downtown Greensboro. Download the City of Greensboro’s bicycle map. Google Maps also has a feature for providing directions by bicycle.
Learn more about bicycle safety through the City of Greensboro’s GSO Shares the Road program and remember to obey the rules of the road, ride predictably, and wear a helmet. If riding at night, have a white front light and a red rear light for visibility.
Take the Train
- Looking for an easy way to get to the NC Folk Festival? NC By Train can you get you there! The Greensboro train station is located downtown, just minutes away from the festival and all the fun. Adventure awaits!
- Bellemeade Parking Garage at 220 North Greene Street: vehicle height limit is 7 feet, 0 inches.
- Church Street Parking Garage at 215 North Church Street: vehicle height limit is 6 feet, 7 inches.
- Greene Street Parking Garage at 211 South Greene Street: vehicle height limit is 6 feet, 8 inches.
- Eugene Street Parking Deck at 215 North Eugene Street
Three parking garages will be open for a flat rate of $10 per day on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to street closures for the Festival.
Spaces are available in parking garages and surface lots operated by the City of Greensboro. If traveling in a vehicle that exceeds the height limitations of the parking garages, there are three surface lots that will be available for accessible parking:
- Hanes-Lineberry surface lot at 515 North Elm Street. Managed by the Mayor’s Committee for Persons with Disabilities.
- Commerce surface lot at 210 Commerce Place. This lot is first-come, first-served. May be accessed via Friendly Avenue during the Festival
- Galyon Depot surface lot at 236 East Washington Street. This lot is first-come, first-served. May be accessed via Washington Street.
Once You’ve Arrived
A great place to start your North Carolina Folk Festival experience is at on of our information booths. You may also note a North Carolina Folk Festival entrance sign as you approach the Festival site. You can see these locations on our Festival map.