Directions & Parking
- From Eastbound and Westbound 40: Use exit 218-B Freeman Mill Road; continue northbound and follow directional signage to Priority Festival Parking
- From Southbound 29: Exit on Gate City Boulevard (Lee Street); proceed westbound to Elm Street; turn right on Elm Street and follow directional signage to Priority Festival Parking
- From Bryan Boulevard/US 200 Battleground Avenue: Continue southbound to Smith Street and follow directional signage to Priority Festival Parking
By GTA Bus
All 16 of GTA’s daily routes and seven Sunday routes begin and end in the heart of the North Carolina Folk Festival at the Galyon Depot in downtown Greensboro!
Use Google Transit to plan your route.
- A monitored, covered bike parking area will be set up at the Festival site (exact location TBD). Bike Parking is free, but you need to bring your own bicycle lock.
- Note: Bicyclists must walk their bike along all other streets closed for the festival
- Ride along one of the City’s signed bicycle routes — #3, 6, 9 — that go through downtown Greensboro. Google Maps also has a feature for providing directions by bicycle.
- To see if there are group rides to or from the North Carolina Folk Festival check Triad Ride List.
- Learn more about bicycle safety and remember to obey the rules of the road, ride predictably, and wear a helmet. If riding at night, have a white front light and a red rear light for visibility.
Take the Train
The Greensboro Depot station is conveniently located in Downtown Greensboro! Festival-goers may hop on a train in Boston, New York, Washington, Raleigh, or Charlotte—or anywhere in-between—and get off in downtown Greensboro, right in the middle of the Festival.
The Raleigh Rickshaw Company will provide complimentary “transportainment” for festival goers throughout the festival site, making it easier and more fun than ever to get from venue to venue.
Priority Festival Parking
Three parking decks will be open for a flat rate of $10 per day on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to street closures for the Festival, please note the specific instructions below for accessing each of the downtown decks.
- Bellemeade Street Deck (220 N. Greene St.) can be accessed by traffic heading south on Greene Street
- Greene Street Deck (211 S. Greene St.) can be accessed by traffic heading both east and west on Washington Street
- Church Street Deck (215 N. Church St.) can be accessed by traffic heading both north and south on Church Street
Accessible parking is available in surface lots in downtown and all City decks on ground floor locations and near elevators. Additional reserved accessible spaces will be available on streets interspersed throughout downtown.