Directions & Parking
Getting to the NC Folk Festival
- From Eastbound and Westbound 40: Use exit 218-B Freeman Mill Road; continue northbound and follow directional signage to Festival Parking
- From Southbound 29: Exit on Gate City Boulevard (Lee Street); proceed westbound to Elm Street; turn right on Elm Street and follow directional signage to Festival Parking
- From Bryan Boulevard/US 220 Battleground Avenue: Continue southbound to Smith Street and follow directional signage to Priority Festival Parking
Fly Easy! Fly to PTI Airport
Located just 12 miles from downtown Greensboro—and the heart of the North Carolina Folk Festival— Piedmont Triad International Airport is served by major airlines including US Air, American/ American Eagle, Delta, United, Frontier, and Allegiant. The third-largest airport in North Carolina, PTI offers easy check-in, easy baggage claim, easy screening, and easy parking.
By GTA Bus
All 16 of GTA’s daily routes and seven Sunday routes begin and end in the heart of the North Carolina Folk Festival at the Galyon Depot in downtown Greensboro!
Use Google Transit to plan your route.
- A monitored, covered bike parking area will be set up at the Festival site (at Market Street and Elm Street). Bike Parking is free, but you need to bring your own bicycle lock.
- Note: Bicyclists must walk their bike along all streets closed for the festival
- Ride along one of the City’s signed bicycle routes — #3, 6, 9 — that go through downtown Greensboro. Google Maps also has a feature for providing directions by bicycle.
- Learn more about bicycle safety and remember to obey the rules of the road, ride predictably, and wear a helmet. If riding at night, have a white front light and a red rear light for visibility.
Take the Train
The Greensboro Depot station is conveniently located in Downtown Greensboro! Festival-goers may hop on a train in Boston, New York, Washington, Raleigh, or Charlotte—or anywhere in-between—and get off in downtown Greensboro, right in the middle of the Festival.
At the Festival
The Greensboro Rickshaw Company will provide complimentary “transportainment” for festival goers throughout the festival site, making it easier and more fun than ever to get from venue to venue.
Parking Information for the NC Folk Festival
Three parking decks will be open for a flat rate of $10 per day on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to street closures for the Festival, please note the specific instructions below for accessing each of the downtown decks.
- Bellemeade Street Deck (220 N. Greene St.) can be accessed by traffic heading south on Greene Street
- Greene Street Deck (211 S. Greene St.) can be accessed by traffic heading south on Greene Street
- Church Street Deck (215 N. Church St.) can be accessed by traffic heading both north and south on Church Street
Festival-goers can once again use the Park & Ride option this year by parking at War Memorial Stadium (510 Yanceyville St.) and riding the designated bus to a convenient location downtown.
- Friday: 4pm – 12am
- Saturday: 10am – 12am
- Sunday: 11am – 9pm
Accessible parking is available in downtown surface lots and in all City-operated decks (on ground floors and near elevators on upper floors). Additional accessible spaces are available on streets interspersed throughout downtown.