The North Carolina Folk Festival features a variety of regional and ethnic foods as well as classic festival fare that will take diners on a culinary journey around North Carolina, America, and the world, with choices to please every palate. The diversity of selections include unique regional dishes such as North Carolina’s famous barbecue and delicious specialties from the cuisines of new immigrant communities who now make their home in the Piedmont Triad. There will also be plenty of traditional “festival fare!”
35 food vendors were selected to participate in the 2017 Festival. Last year was a huge success for our vendors and community. We anticipate that with good weather the 2018 North Carolina Folk Festival will attract over 160,000 individuals to Downtown Greensboro to enjoy first class music, traditional art, crafts, and food.
How do I apply?
View/Download the 2018 Food Vendor Guidelines
If you are an experienced high-volume outdoor event food vendor, you may apply to participate in the North Carolina Folk Festival (September 7-9, 2018). All applications are reviewed and evaluated by a jury.
The 2018 Application Deadline has Passed.
Additional Application Information
- Application does not guarantee acceptance
- Vendors must apply each year. Acceptance this year or in previous years does not guarantee acceptance in future years
- Failure to meet application deadline may result in rejection of application
The number of food vendors selected for the 2018 North Carolina Folk Festival will depend on the final site design layout. The Festival anticipates that with good weather, over 160K individuals will attend over the course of the weekend and that between 35 and 40 vendor spots will be available at the event.
- All food vendors are reviewed by a committee
- Applications are rated on product quality & uniqueness, previous vending experience serving festivals/large crowds, overall presentation, and business location (local/regional vendor)
- Food vendors will be chosen for the following food vendor categories: Ethnic Foods, North Carolina/Regional Foods, Snacks/Desserts, “Fair” Foods, Other Main Dishes, and Specialty Beverages
- The Festival may limit specific types of food or beverage to ensure a wide selection of items for festival-goers.
- Applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance status in early Spring 2018 (Exact Date TBD)
- The National Folk Festival reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.